Anywho...I had to blog about it because I will most likely never again be able to say, "I have experienced a Tornado Warning" since anyone who knows me is positive I will never move to that corner of the world.
23 May, 2008
Tornado Warning!..in Riverside..?
I was working in my normal fashion on a Thursday that felt much more like a Saturday. I wondered why the weather was so cloudy because earlier in the week the heat rivaled some impressions of hell. The office I work in has very up-to-date people, and towards the end of the day a cubicle somewhere shouted that a Tornado Warning had been issued for Lake Elsinore which is fairly close to my house. If I had a stop-watch I could have timed two minutes until my brother called for my mother. "Mom said you need to come home RIGHT NOW." I smiled...as if I could leave work and tell my boss, "because my mom said so." My mother's love is like a switch blade..!..and it's hereditary b/c about ten seconds later I was on code red tracking loved ones down. Less than an hour later I was off, but the distance from the office to my car was long enough to drench me. The drive home is intentionally full of windy roads through old neighborhoods and long scenic stretches; this time I floated, hydro-planed, and crept home because of the rain. By the time I got home I felt ridiculous because the storm had started blowing over and had subsisted to a mere rain storm (which Katrina felt necessary to highlight for my chicken ass)..!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment