There are so many new things going on in life right now. Instead of just reading and agreeing with Ghandi, I am learning to embrass his wisdom in "Being the change I want to see in the world." Part of that is waking up each morning and remembering that GOD is already working...HE worked all night too. I don't need to ask HIM to start working in me, I just need to ask which sign in sheet to find my name on for the day. Brent Lamb makes a good point when he explains that our job is not to know exactly what to say, or even who to say it to...our job is to just "show up for work," He'll take care of everything else.
So...moving onto projects:
- As of this past Monday the youth commitee in Ggaba and I are officially in the planning stages of an online mentoring program. The inspiration for this program came from a need that I noticed in some of my angel girls...role models and encouragers. The church is doing so much to help the physical needs in the community, but caring for people physically and emotionally is a large load. I was inspired to try and step up for the emotional team..! So the Mentor Program is underway, and as new devopments pan out I will be posting exciting details on my blogspot. I may possibly be introducing you to the girls as well.
- The bible-project: Another need I noticed was for teen-geared literature. I am 21 years old, and I can't understand the KJV of the bible. So I am quite certain that a Ugandan 12-15 year can't understand any more than I can. When I came home I started the hunt for an interesting teen bible and bible study for Bethany Village. I have found the bible, but I am still searching for a bible study. If you have any suggestions I am open to hearing them...please let me know.
- The newest development is in business. My amazing mommy and I have started our own business...we are now Independant Consultants for Arbonne International. (Check it out: http://www.arbonne.com/ it will amaze you). GOD has just blessed the venture, and I am beginning to feel the financial freedom of this industry. I have been talking about it non-stop because the benefits are countless.
GOD has really been impacting me with my reading material lately. I have been pushing my way through Matthew. That started because I wanted to re-familiarize myself with how JESUS responded to people, and how HE interacted with them. That changed into an investigation of what sort of person I want to be. The last week or so I've been looking at two places in Matthew where GOD uses parables comparing servants. In both HE compares a lazy or irresponsible servant to a proactive responsible servant...and both parables are examples of us and GOD when HE returns. I have been paying particular attention to the response GOD gives to each servant. HE disciplines the lazy servant in both parables and sends him "into the darkness where there is weeping and nashing of teeth" (which is the same description given to hell in other passages). HE praises the other servant for being proactive and wise with HIS blessings.
My prayer lately has been that no matter the volume of blessings GOD sends me I want to be proactive with ALL OF IT. I don't want to hoard any of it, bury it out of fear, or splurge on worldy priorities. I want all HIS blessings to go back to HIM in praise.
So that is what has been happening in my life, inside and out. Since I have been home I am more grateful for the network of people GOD has placed in my life. I am so thankful for the faces HE brings to me, and the converstaions HE inspires. I can't stop smiling these days, and my thoughts are full of memories that make HIM smile.
No comments:
Post a Comment