04 March, 2008

Journal entry from 02.03.2008

Are you
Are you
Going to fall behind..?
Do you
Do you feel
These holes in your life..?

The song draws from my ear-buds. I keep hitting repeat because I think there is something here.

Are you
Are you
Going to fall behind..?
Do you
Do you feel
These holes in your life..?

Every time my feet touch African soil my soul refills and tears roll down my checks; it is an automatic response like a child reaching for comfort.

Are you
Are you
Going to fall behind..?
Do you
Do you feel
These holes in your life..?

Each time I leave these kids their impression is felt ten times more than the last.

Are you
Are you
Going to fall behind..?
Do you
Do you feel
These holes in your life..?

Impressions like these, although sometimes painful, provide the soul's desperate breathes in order to escape self-centered-ness

Are you
Are you
Going to fall behind..?
Do you
Do you feel
These holes in your life..?

I promised some one today that I will be doing this until I am
80 years old. And I try really hard not to lie; honestly, how could I ever do anything other than this..?

Are you
Are you
Going to fall behind..?
Do you
Do you feel
These holes in your life..?

How do you find the purpose behind each of your breathes..? Easy..! Think of the holes in your life, not the dark pits of regret or habit, but the holes in your heart where you long for joy that once was.

Are you
Are you
Going to fall behind..?
Do you
Do you feel
These holes in your life..?

Are you, are you...gonna fall behind..:get stuck behind fear and doubt and not follow your dreams.
Do you, do you feel...these holes in your life..:where you looked selfishly inside yourself instead of around you at those who need you

They are EvErYwHeRe

This is written and dedicated to the kids who gave me a heart-beat, and who taught me how to live. I can never express my gratitude and thanks to GOD for you; you are HIS carefully planned tools to teach me not to be a robot...but to chose HIM everyday. Your memories and photos are with me each day, and they keep my mind on track. You help me reject money's control and an addiction to myself.

If my heart were made of soft sand your hand and foot prints would cover every inch!

1 comment:

Morpho said...

wow... you just captured perfectly where i am at