The best trips are those with funny moments woven in and out of them. Most of my blogs for this trip have been serious, sentimental, or inspirational...whatever happens to be on my mind. Today, I am in a much more schizophrenic mood!
Somewhere among the slightly delusional conversations that exhausted-from-playing adults get into we came upon diets. Actually diets have been an overwhelming theme...but not because of the ridiculous pitch from So Cal that women should be as thin as boards. Our dieting conversations started with a ten year old girl, Esther, and our lovely Annette!
Esther stopped Annette one afternoon in Uganda and asked her, "How old are you..?" Annette gave her age, and Esther said, "No, you're 20 years old." Annette laughed and said, "No, I don't think I'm 20. I am pretty sure I am older than 20. What makes you think I am 20..?" And Esther (GOD bless her soul) replied without hesitation, "Because you're fat." At which point Annette busted up laughing because, as we all know, she is simply wonderful and BEAUTIFUL! Esther then proceeded to recommend that Annette eat 2 lemons everyday so that she can run fast.
That joke carried into Kenya, and every breakfast we began to request lemon wedges!!! Then...here is where the exhausted-from-playing adults come in...a BRILLIANT teammate (who will remain nameless) decided to inform us that models keep the weight off by cleansing their colons regularly. I know...squint now or forever hold your eyes open. In the detailed description of benefits of that lovely procedure was the advice that you do not need to consult a doctor to have this done (for all of you who were wondering). In fact...it can be almost cost free for those of you who drink coffee. Apparently you can give yourself an organic coffee enema and shed pounds like a tree in winter. "All you have to do is hold 2 cups inside your for 20 minutes, and it all comes out."
The whole team did what you are doing now as you read this...either flinch and squeal or run away! In my mind I was thinking 2 things: 1- where the hell is 2 cups of coffee up your tailpipe going to go..? 2-how do you clench for 20 minutes without busting up laughing that you have coffee in your butt?!?!?!
Gives a whole new meaning to, "Do you want some Starbucks?!"
GOD bless coffee-addicted-friends!
1 comment:
you've pretty much left me speechless, which is a feat in it of itself... but i can't say how hard it is to hold coffee in your can... so that's a feat too...
but no i'll just figure out the best way to tell the story in Russian, and then we'll be laughing here for ages...
But i do applaud you... i'm a pretty audacious and sometimes scandalous guy... but i don't know if i could gat away with posting this on my site! WOW!
Post a Comment