09 February, 2008

Loving Life

A few weeks ago I heard a MAGNIFICENT message at RockHarbor about how how CHRIST offers HIMSELF fully to HIS children, but at the beginning of our individual relationships we, as imperfect humans, are not capable of experiencing all of HIM freely. It is in continued prayer, obedience, discipline, and experience that we get to live in deeper connections to GOD. I thought that was a perfect explaination of why "length of time" is not an accurate marker of a mature relationship with GOD. Its how much you seek, listen, obey (even in confusion), and step out in faith.
For me, this has played out in drastic displays: My calling to the global field came when I was 16 years old, and its development into a refined passion is by far the biggest way I can clearly recognize more of GOD in my life. GOD's provision of a job that I ABSOLUTELY adore when my optomism for finding a job I enjoy was shot is another example of GOD revealing more of HIMSELF to those who hold on in faith and continue seekeing HIM. Divine introductions and the growing of a life group and close friends show HIS love and grace poured over me.

Years ago I considered these things to be committments that required my time, energy, thought, and best attitudes. But now I find my freedom in these things...another citation for GOD in my life.

In another message at RH the speaker said, "Faith is not a Christian thing, it's a human thing." He pointed out that people trust things all the time. We sit in chairs and trust they will hold us. We cross the street and trust that our eyes are not misleading us. All people have trust, and therefore have faith; recently my faith is going through a growth spurt, and I hope I will always remember the freedom that comes with trusting GOD.

No comments: