"Until you decide to pursue your Dream, you are never going to love your life the way you were meant to."
"If we are just marking time-instead of making a life-we have put our Dreams on hold."
"If we are just marking time-instead of making a life-we have put our Dreams on hold."
BECAUSE:
"What you do is usually a result of what you actually believe."
I have been sitting on an enlarged Dream for a few months. A Dream that HE started forming inside me in Uganda, and I've not fully committed to the plunge because of fear. "Most people who feel stuck need to rethink their priorities. Usually they have put a certain standard of living, a way of life, or some other assumption above the priority of pursuing a Dream." I took that to heart, and lately I have made some changes to my life like taking the Metro to school. It has been uncomfortable in some ways, but freeing in others. It has given me the blessing of time; I can finish my homework, journal, think, pray, and plan when I would otherwise be focused on the road and traffic. I would greatly encourage those of you who are sitting comfortably but stagnantly, to change something in your life. You can gain so much from stepping out from your comfort zone "because our big Dream always lies outside our comfort zone"
On that note, I have also been considering taking a rather risky step towards my Dream by becoming self-employed. Wilkinson poses a question in his book...how might GOD respond to my personal concerns about pursuing my Dream 100%. I think HE would definitely ask me how I feel about the countless other times HE provided and planned things beyond my control. And HE did all those things knowing they would spur me towards my Dream, and that gives me hope and joy in pushing myself to dive into my Dream. "GOD rarely makes our fear disappear. Instead, HE asks us to be strong and take courage...you could say that without fear, you can't have genuine courage." It is scary to think that my life could evolve around my Dream with no strings attaching me to this world. It gives deeper meaning to life just to think about it...imagine if it came true!
"Comfort is the biggest enemy of your Dream...Fortunately, each time you break through a Comfort Zone, the area of your comfort increases."
I can see this in my life, each time I have stepped through a comfort zone my ability to stretch has increased ten fold. Traveling alone was the biggest feat of my life so far, and I feel much better equipped to handle life after that. The next comfort zone I hope to overcome is the financial comfort zone...I am going to change my lifestyle to become self-employed. It will be a huge giant to defeat, I can sense that inside me...but I also know that after its complete I will be better equipped to handle my Dream. I refuse to let my life sit stagnant...
"A Dreamer is a person whose life is in motion."
No comments:
Post a Comment