"JESUS did not lovingly coo, 'Oh, let the little children come over to me for a moment.' This strong powerful man, this brawny carpenter, filled with exasperation, anger, and even rage, apparently raised his voice with great passion. "Let the children come to me! Don't you dare hinder them! My kingdom belongs to such as these." Never in my research of the world's artwork have I seen this JESUS. He who not long afterward would wield a whip in the temple to drive out the moneychangers and turn over their product-laden tables was now equally incensed at this corruption."
"you may not have anything else to give, but you can always give love...to give selflessly is truly one of the greatest joys in life"
After a childhood flooded with poverty and abuse Stafford is now the strongest advocate for children worldwide that suffer helplessly at the world's hands. "I refuse to be defeated. I refuse to give in to the powerful forces that would violate the downtrodden and oppressed among us. It is the reason I write and speak with such fervor. Here I am past the midpoint of adulthood...and I grit my teeth as I battle for the value and importance of little ones. They shall have a defender, a champion, an advocate after all!"
My own personally experience draws a similar passion from inside my heart. I look around at today's world, too busy to see the little ones, too busy to notice their needs. I grow tired of the constant speed, and the incessant desire for more "stuff." It breaks my heart to know that the cost of new shoes "to replace the dirty ones" could pay rent and feed an entire family for a month, maybe a few months. As I am here, among the top 2% of wealth in the world, I am constantly reminded of how poor in spirit Americans are. Blind, almost completely, to the food made for the soul...how sad it is to see people who have lost their love for children. I don't believe anybody was created with a hatred for children; they simply got distracted from life's pure nurturing.
No comments:
Post a Comment